MyMusicWins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyMusicWins

Here at "MyMusicWins", talk about anything you like related to music. Discuss, debate, rant, anything you like. Enjoy!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mainstream=?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mainstream=? Empty Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

prayforplagues92

prayforplagues92
Super Saiyan Melindarott

I really don't care whether a band are mainstream or not and I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on why it is such a crime against humanity if your favorite bands become successful?
It doesn't make you cooler, or more informed to "only like their old stuff".
More success from a band only benifits you.
I mean, their music is more accessible legally and illegally.
And you're a lot more likely to see them as more money=more touring.
I don't think it's a bad thing.
I know there's always the issue of idiots jumping on the band wagon and shitting on the reputation of you're favorite bands.
But I can't believe people actually stop liking bands, that they supposedly loved just because of their success.
Doesn't that make you the equivalent of, if not slightly worse than the shitty people that started liking them once they became popular?

Just a thought.

2Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 3:47 am

McAwesome

McAwesome
Mod of Q___Q

prayforplagues92 wrote:
I really don't care whether a band are mainstream or not and I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on why it is such a crime against humanity if your favorite bands become successful?
It doesn't make you cooler, or more informed to "only like their old stuff".
More success from a band only benifits you.
I mean, their music is more accessible legally and illegally.
And you're a lot more likely to see them as more money=more touring.
I don't think it's a bad thing.
I know there's always the issue of idiots jumping on the band wagon and shitting on the reputation of you're favorite bands.
But I can't believe people actually stop liking bands, that they supposedly loved just because of their success.
Doesn't that make you the equivalent of, if not slightly worse than the shitty people that started liking them once they became popular?

Just a thought.

Thats why i guess. Most people dont want to be seen as sheeple.
>_________> You kinda get labled that if you like any band alot of people like.

3Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 am

prayforplagues92

prayforplagues92
Super Saiyan Melindarott

But if you really liked them that much, why would you care to the point of not liking them anymore?
Like, if you can do that, then you obviously only liked them in the beginning to be "different", not because you digged their sound right?
It's poserism in a different light.

4Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 5:16 am

XXXNIGGER4LYFEXX

XXXNIGGER4LYFEXX

i think..
mainstream is now a genre of music imo, thats what its evolved into

5Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 am

McAwesome

McAwesome
Mod of Q___Q

Oh Im not saying im one to move away form an artist BECAUSE others like them.
it just Overwhelms you when its all you hear for a month.

6Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 5:35 am

XXXNIGGER4LYFEXX

XXXNIGGER4LYFEXX

AS MAINSTREAM AS IT FUCKING GETS.
Mainstream=? Broken10

7Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Thu May 21, 2009 5:51 am

prayforplagues92

prayforplagues92
Super Saiyan Melindarott

Okay.
So does everyone view mainstream as being particular characteristics a band tries hard to uphold, or success?
Because I think an opinion really depends on that.
Like, the last post with the pic of the fags.
Are they mainstream because of characteristics they possess?
Because until you posted their video on here I'd never heard of them lol, meaning it couldn't be because of their success.

Does everyone think mainstream is characterised by a bands actions, style, general music, persona etc, or how successful they become? Like as in, originally unknown, eventually 'mainstream'.

Cause my initial post was based on success/popularity lol.

8Mainstream=? Empty Re: Mainstream=? Mon May 25, 2009 8:30 am

Drop_Dead_Cunt

Drop_Dead_Cunt

It's probably all to do with Scene Kids, and the fact that the more underground a band is, the more 'scene' it is, the bigger a band gets, the less cool you are for liking it in the eyes of all the other scene kid faggot things.
They try to make up for the fact that 10 billion scene kids liking a band will make it mainstream by giving anyone that likes them once they get big crap, saying shit like 'Oh i used to like them when they werent cool' and other such shit.
I have a feeling my post went waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic and I just wanted to rant about scene kids, but hell, there we go anyway

9Mainstream=? Empty . Mon May 25, 2009 10:39 am

Revenge

Revenge
God

I see mainstream as being something that's popular. For example, My Chemical Romance. I love them, they're my favourite band. But, they are mainstream because they're extremely well known and popular. Doesn't bother me, I don't perceive mainstream as being a negative thing, which is what it's mostly perceived as nowadays. To me, it's just the wide success of a product or a band/musician. So really, it's a good thing because the band or whatever is now popular, they're making more money, and having a better life for themselves. But I definitely see what you mean, with people saying they only like the old stuff or they don't like the band anymore because they're mainstream. Oh well, there will always be that group of idiots that care about nothing other than their social appearence.

https://mymusicwins.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum